Thursday, May 27, 2010

Barbecue Chicken Pizza



This pizza will always remind me of Prague. The first time I ever had it was at our friends' the Brummitts when we were living there (in Prague, not at the Brummitts). I have to admit I was pretty skeptical the when Andrea told me what was on the menu for dinner. You see, my only experience with pizza had ever been with the kind that involves tomato sauce and mozzarella (just call me old fashioned). I called it adventurous when I tried ham and pineapple for the first time. I was just always afraid that trying something new on pizza would be such a waste of a good pizza-eating experience. Boy, was I wrong. This definitely makes my top 3 pizza topping choices. Okay, enough reminiscing, let's get to it!

pizza dough for 2 pizzas
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 - 1 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 medium red onion, sliced thin
2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
2 cups cheese (your choice!)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium skillet, brown chicken. When chicken is cooked through, pour about 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over and toss to coat. In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in a little olive oil until tender. Roll your pizza crust onto a pizza pan or stone. Top with half of the remaining sauce and use the back of a spoon to spread around.


Top with onion mixture and chicken and then cheese. (I used colby jack cheese for the first pizza and mozzarella for the second. We really prefer the colby jack.)


Repeat for second pizza. Bake pizzas for 15 minutes or until crispy and cheese is bubbling.


No comments: